False eyelashes can be a fabulous addition to your look. Choosing the right eyelash glue is essential to keeping your false eyelashes on securely without falling off half way during an important event.
Different false eyelashes require different types of glue, so you need to be prepared and know which glue works best for the eyelashes you like to wear.
Determine the type of false eyelashes that suit you best. You can purchase false eyelashes in full strips, small sections or individually. Eyelash strips tend to be more obvious but are easier to apply.
Decide which color of eyelash glue you want to use. Eyelash glue usually comes in clear or dark options. The clear eyelash glue goes on white but slowly fades to clear and is unnoticeable. The dark eyelash glue dries to a dark color wherever it is used and can be helpful if you’re trying to achieve a more dramatic look. Featured eyelash adhesives, DUO Adhesive and DUO Eyelash Adhesive, offer secure hold without added weight.
Choose waterproof eyelash glue if you want a strong, secure hold. Waterproof formulas, such as DUO Eyelash Adhesive, come in either clear or dark glues, depending on the look you are going for and generally last longer than other types of eyelash glues.
Read the product information on the eyelash glue you choose. There are several strip eyelash glue that are recommend for your false eyelash use.
- Ardell LashGrip Adhesive — offers water-proof hold. Available in Dark or Clear.
- Shu uemura Eyelash Adhesive – offers gentle hold. Available in Clear.
- DUO Adhesive — offers gentle hold. Available in Clear. This is the glue of choice used by MAC make up artists worldwide.
- DUO Eyelash Adhesive –offers water-proof hold. Available in Dark or Clear.
- Andrea Modlash Adhesive — offers water-proof hold. Available in Dark or Clear.
- Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive –offers moderate, latex-free hold. Available in Clear.
- DUO Brush On Striplash Adhesive–offers strong latex free hold. Available in Clear.
Nearly all type of strip eyelash adhesive can work on every type of false eyelashes. Do not be duped into using expansive glues as they all work relatively similar. For those who have latex allergy or sensitivity, Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive should the adhesive of choice as this adhesive is latex-free.
Be careful with the eyelash glue you choose. Apply it carefully and evenly and don’t apply it too thick on your false eyelashes. Too much glue can ruin a good pair of false lashes.